Located on the CALPRO Web site, the Virtual Workrooms provide adult educators with instant access to research-based professional development resources on a particular topic.
Virtual Workroom For Multilevel ESL Instructors
The Virtual Workroom for Multilevel ESL Instructors offers a wide variety of professional resources organized around five central challenges in multilevel instruction: needs assessment, lesson planning, group work, materials, and evaluation.
- ESL teachers working with a broad spectrum of levels, i.e., a class where learners may range from pre-literate to low–advanced.
- ESL teachers working with narrow spectrum of levels (e.g., Intermediate ESL).
Teachers often see variation in skill-level across an entire class or within an individual student (e.g., a fairly fluent speaker may be a struggling reader or writer). To see what participants are saying about this Virtual Workroom, click Participant Feedback.
Click Sample Resources to view a summary of professional development resources found in the Virtual Workroom.
Inside the Virtual Workroom, educators can access, download, and print a wealth
of materials, such as the following:
- Making the Most of the Multilevel Class, a series of seven professional development audio podcasts with related pre-listening and post-listening application activities
- Sample classroom materials, assessments, demonstrations, and templates
- Key research findings via digests, summaries, and fact sheets
- Links for more in-depth study, through face-to-face workshops and online courses
- A list of additional resources and references
- Links to the companion Multilevel ESL Community of Practice
Log in to the Virtual Workroom for Multilevel ESL Instructors using the Login box below. Use the same log-in credentials you have used to register for other CALPRO Calendar Events. If you have never registered, click “Create New Account” below.