Located on the CALPRO Web site, the Virtual Workrooms provide adult educators with instant access to research-based professional development resources on a particular topic.
Virtual Workroom For Multilevel ESL Instructors
The Virtual Workroom for Multilevel ESL Instructors offers a wide variety of professional resources organized around five central challenges in multilevel instruction: needs assessment, lesson planning, group work, materials, and evaluation.
- ESL teachers working with a broad spectrum of levels, i.e., a class where learners may range from pre-literate to low–advanced.
- ESL teachers working with narrow spectrum of levels (e.g., Intermediate ESL).
Teachers often see variation in skill-level across an entire class or within an individual student (e.g., a fairly fluent speaker may be a struggling reader or writer). To see what participants are saying about this Virtual Workroom, click Participant Feedback.
Click Sample Resources to view a summary of professional development resources found in the Virtual Workroom.
Inside the Virtual Workroom, educators can access, download, and print a wealth
of materials, such as the following:
- Making the Most of the Multilevel Class, a series of seven professional development audio podcasts with related pre-listening and post-listening application activities
- Sample classroom materials, assessments, demonstrations, and templates
- Key research findings via digests, summaries, and fact sheets
- Links for more in-depth study, through face-to-face workshops and online courses
- A list of additional resources and references
- Links to the companion Multilevel ESL Community of Practice
Log in to the Virtual Workroom for Multilevel ESL Instructors, using the Login box below. (You may use the same log–in credentials you have used for registering for other CALPRO Events or the other Virtual Workroom.)