College and Career Readiness Standards
GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
Participants will be provided with an opportunity to delve deeply into the contents
of the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education report and its
implications for adult education. They will develop an understanding of what the
College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS) are in order to begin planning for
alignment and applying knowledge to classroom implementation. Participants will
share a practical and transferable understanding of the fundamental advances in
instruction embedded in the college and career readiness (CCR) standards and the
research base that supports them.
- Administrators will learn about and understand what changes the CCRS require of
programs and teachers, and will begin to understand how they can support staff and
students moving forward.
- Teachers will reflect on current practices and student levels and begin to understand
how implementing the CCRS will impact their teaching and student demands.
- Programs will be able to begin deeper and more meaningful conversations about CCRS
and necessary next steps to support students' college and career readiness.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Define key terms related to standards.
- Understand the key shifts in the standards for ELA and math.
- Understand, in depth, the first key shift in the standards for ELA and math.